Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Prayers for Japan

I've been watching all the video clips of the earthquake and tsunami devastation in Japan and am so saddened.  I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through right now.  My heart breaks for those who have lost loved ones and for those whose loved ones are still among the missing.

As a mother, I think about those who have lost their children - incomprehensible. 
As a wife, I cannot imagine living my life without my husband, my best friend.
As a daughter, I am so sad for those who have lost their parents - my parents mean so much to me.

Its hard for me to try to put myself in the shoes of these who have lost so much.  Along with the personal loss of loved ones, many have also lost all their earthly possessions. Everything they knew as normal everyday life - gone. Now they have the nuclear radiation scare that is threatening what they have left. 

I have been praying that God will be evident to those who are surviving this horrible disaster and that they would cry out to Him and Him alone!

I am reminded to be grateful for the time that I have with those that I love. It can all be swept away in just a few moments. 

With all that said, God is still God and He is still on His throne!  Nothing is too big for Him or without purpose. I know that He allows all things. Sometimes our earthly minds do not understand, but we must trust in Him. 

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Join with me in praying for those living in Japan and for their loved ones who are scattered all over the world.





The song in this video is a reminder that this world is not our final destination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment