Saturday, March 12, 2011

Making a List and Getting it Done

Are you a list person?

I am!

Today was a good day for lists, too, because I had so much to do! It made me feel so good when I got home and saw everything checked off my list! 

Here is what my list for today looked like:

1.go meet second daughter's softball coach
2.go to an educational store to buy paper to make a time line
3.stop in at a used book store to check it out
4.go to library #1 to get a DVD
5.go to sister-in-law's house to pick up a bird cage to use in a production of My Fair Lady that my oldest daughter is in
6.go to a friends house for coffee and to borrow some books to look at for evaluation for next year's homeschool curriculum possibilities
7.go to library #2 for a music CD that was on hold.

What a good feeling it was to check it all off the list.  To top it off, the weather was beautiful and I got to hang out with my two favorite guys - my husband and son. 

However, I didn't include EVERYTHING that needed to get done today on my to do list. 

Now, I'm sitting here wondering what to do next... ironing or grocery list...  Doesn't seem like I'll get to them both tonight.  I need to finish my menu and grocery list, which includes cutting the rest of my coupons that need to get cut out. I also need to do some ironing and make sure that we all have clothes ready for church in the morning.  What to do, what to do?

Well, now that I have written them both out, it's almost like a list.  Maybe I'll get them both done after all!  I think I'll get our clothes ready for church first, then sit down to watch Like Dandelion Dust with the family and clip coupons/make menu/finish grocery list! 

Guess I better get up and going!  Oh, and next time you feel overwhelmed with so much to do, make a list and get what you can done.  If you don't finish it in one day, just carry it over to the next day.  It really will make you feel good to cross things off your list.  Go ahead, give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment