Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mom, what's for lunch?

Does this questions sound familiar?  I have been posting my menus on my fridge for about a month now and I still get this question, occasionally.

All I say now is, "Go, look and see what it says on the menu for today." One day recently it was left-over chicken and rice, and one child said, "But we just ate that last night!" Can you hear the whine behind those words? Oh, there was a definite whine behind them! However, I didn't let that whine affect me!  I just said, "Well, it was so good that we get to eat it twice!  I'm so grateful that we had some left for today!" And guess what, they ate it with no complaining!  There is something wonderful about having the menu planned and in ink on the refrigerator! They may question it once, but they don't keep on; and for a mom of two semi-picky eaters, that has been a marvelous thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment