Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God Bends Down to Listen!

I remember when my kids were small and they really wanted my attention, what did they do?  They would come to my side and pull on my shirt and say, "Mommy, Mommy!" Sometimes I could answer them quickly and they would rush off to play again. BUT, when they really wanted my help, really needed me for something that they couldn't do alone, they didn't stop calling my name until I bent down and looked them in the eyes and asked them what they needed. 

Does this sound familiar to you? I'm sure it does!  The role of a parent is so demanding!  It seems that our children are in constant need of our attention. Unfortunately, I am not always the best at answering them right away. Maybe because they call so often, it seems like their requests aren't always "important". 

Wow!  I am so glad that my heavenly Father doesn't look at me this way!  He is the best role model ever in parenting.  He does it right, all the time!!!

Psalm. 86:1  (New Living Translation)
Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help.

This is a constant prayer of mine, it seems.  I so need the help of my heavenly Father - every day, all day long!  I am so glad that he never gets tired of me calling on Him for help.  Jesus even says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28.

Psalm 116:1-2 (New Living Translation)
I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. 
Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!

God is wanting us to cry out to Him and ask Him for help.  Will you take his offer today? Will you let him be that loving father who wants so tenderly to love you, to listen to your needs, and to help guide you along the way?

When I think of the awesome Creator of the Universe, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the One who parted the seas, I am in awe that HE would want me to call on Him and that He would bend down to listen to me!  I agree with the psalmist in saying, "I will pray as long as I have breath!"

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful words...beautiful reminder! Last week at the Homeschool convention that was one of the things I reminded moms during my "Busy Mom" talk...listen to your children with your eyes! So important! That our Heavenly Father wants relationship with us is amazing...thanks for sharing your heart! Blessings to you, Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey, I wish I'd gotten to go to your session at the conference. Can we turn back the clock and redo that hour? Thank you for your support and for leading by example! ~Susan

    ReplyDelete