Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lacking wisdom? Ask God - not Google!

James 1:5-8
If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.


Why is it that so many times, I change verse five to say, "If any of you lacks wisdom, you should google it!"? If I am not careful about this one, the first place I look for answers to life's questions is the internet. We live in a time where we can google any question we have and find thousands of answers. Most of us don't even have to wait until we get home to get online; we can now use our smart phones. I am asking the Lord to help me with this.

I want to seek Him first! Not google! I am not saying that googling my questions is all bad. I am just saying that it should not be my first place to seek wisdom! If I seek Him first, He may lead me to the exact website I need to find my answer - He has done that before!  He may choose to use a different means altogether to provide wisdom for me. I believe his answers can come from His Word, my husband, my parents, my children, church leaders, godly friends, doctors, etc. His means are limitless!

When we ask for wisdom, we have to believe that He is able to give us that wisdom. We must trust that His ways are far above our ways. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. Therefore, we must believe and not doubt Him. We have to remember that His love for us far outweighs any other love for us. Jesus loves us so much that he bled and died for us. If He is willing to do that for me, why should I not trust Him?

I don't want to be double-minded and unstable. I want to be solely focused on Him so that Christ is the solid foundation of all that I do!

Join with me in seeking God's wisdom first. Then have the freedom to google your questions, or ask for wisdom and counsel from others. Remember that God's wisdom is holy and righteous. He will not lead you away from His teachings. Let the Bible be your measuring stick. Does this answer line up with the Word of God?

Psalm 8:17
I love those who love me,
and those who seek me find me.

No comments:

Post a Comment