Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have so much to be thankful for!

First, I am thankful for the mercies of God and salvation through Jesus Christ. I am thankful that He wants to have intimate relationship with me. It blows me away that the God who created all things chooses to love me!

I am extremely grateful for my husband and children! God is so good to give me such a precious family! My husband is my best friend! I pray that my girls will be able to find a man who loves, cares for, provides for, and cherishes them like Brad does me. My children... oh, where do I start? Abigail is so much fun to be around! She cracks me up! I love to watch her take the stage in her theater productions. When she is singing and dancing, she is in her element and she shines! She is a friend to many! I love and cherish our special time together in the mornings drinking coffee! She is so precious! My sweet Allison is such a joy! She is a hard worker. You can give her a task and she is on it, and you can expect it to be done correctly! I love to watch her serve others! Whether she is cooking, working backstage at the theater, or serving at church, she is in her element when she is serving others! I love when we get to spend time together in the kitchen. She makes my heart smile! Andrew is so much like his daddy, which is how I have prayed for him to be! He can say the funniest things and make me laugh! He is so tenderhearted. He amazes me at how well he memorizes scripture for his AWANA class at church. It is a cool thing to know my children are hiding God's word in their hearts! I love to watch him play football, baseball, and basketball. He loves to ride his skateboard, too. I love going in his room each night and spending a few special minutes praying with him. My son is an awesome kid! I am so blessed by my family!

I am thankful for my godly heritage! My parents are my example of what it looks like to live for Christ. I can't even begin to say how awesome they are! My grandparents loved the Lord and always had the Word of God on their lips! I remember my 90 year old grandfather quoting scripture after having a mini-stroke. I asked him then, "How do you know the Bible so well?" His response to me was, "When you have read the Word as much as I have, you will know it, too." What an example of feeding on the Word of God! I miss them greatly!

I am grateful for the friendship I have with my mother and sisters! These ladies are a part of who I am! We have so much fun together! I know that they love me no matter what and I love them deeply! I can't wait to do our traditional Good Friday Shopping with my two sisters!!!

I am also thankful for my church home! Worshiping together with other believers is such a joy! Being led by a team of pastors who teach the Word of God is a blessing. I am so grateful to be a part of a body of believers who encourage and love one another. I am grateful that it provides a place for me and my children to make strong friendships with people who have the same core values and beliefs.

There is so much more...

I am overwhelmed with God's goodness! Thank you, Lord Jesus, for blessing me beyond measure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment